Monday 2 June 2014

Getting My Plant On

Since I turned 22 I have been embracing my old ladyhood and Thomas is quite happy to join me in premature old age. I have become quite enamoured with growing green stuff. I got out my gardening gloves with my little shovel and cracked open some seeds.


I planted some rocket, basil and chives. I love rocket; I always feel disappointed if it isn't in a salad but now every salad can be a rocket party.

We also got some bean sprouts of which Thomas is running the show. They are hidden in a cupboard at the moment, growing their roots. I think they are odd little things bobbing about the jar and shedding their green skin.

Planting was easy, we picked up some pretty pastel green drainage pots from B&Q, I popped in the soil and sprinkled the seeds over the surface.I then covered the seeds with a thin layer of soil and ta da!



They live on the kitchen windowsill and the rocket is really starting to grow, the chives are starting to pop out of the soil but barely got going still. As for the basil it hasn't showed any sign of action yet but they might be getting busy under the soil.



Thank you for reading, I'll be reporting back when more green stuff shoots out of the dirt.

Devon x

No comments:

Post a Comment