Monday 30 June 2014

One Long Week

Last week was quite the busy week; working on my writing and figuring out plot points and character development. I could work on my time management, if I don't watch the clock I'll be there all day and forget to feed myself. 

I also went to the funfair (The Hoppings) with a few friends. I'm not a fan of rides now a days, the old lady bones of mine do not approve but we all went on the Ferris wheel and looked down on all the people playing bingo for toasters and kettles (each to their own). I spent most of the time following the smell of donuts.

On Saturday it was Thomas' grandmama's Seventy Sixth birthday. We celebrated with cocktails and lots of food (including Thomas' mam's cheese scones, which are the only scones you need in your life). It was a lot of fun.

Later that night our friend James' band (Broken Levee) were playing a gig, so we went along. On the way to the pub the taxi driver told us the pub was haunted which I forgot about when Thomas and I were still waiting on our taxi after the pub had all closed up for the night (our first taxi never showed); it was dark, cold and you could hear the river slither by, would have been creepy if I was easily spooked.
Anyway Broken Levee are a Blues band and I think they're pretty good (That's saying something because I never listen to Blues). James is the drummer, Ian is on guitar and vocals and then another James on the base guitar and vocals (James, ever the ubiquitous name). 
We were really close as you can tell from the photos, we could properly watch James play and see the perspiration on his face. I slept like a baby that night. 
 







Thomas (on the left)and James (on the right)

On Sunday I rested at my mother's with her baking and curry.

 
I had the white russian on Saturday and took some goodies home on Sunday. My mum's peanut butter brownies are amazing. 

 Thank you for reading, should probably get back to doing some writing.

Devon x

No comments:

Post a Comment